As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are looking for an easy and quick keto comfort food this homemade ground beef stroganoff is for you.
It is easy to make as you can cook everything in one pan. No need to cook noodles. Also no need to dice up a steak as this keto beef stroganoff recipe uses ground beef.
- 80/20 Beef
- Cream Cheese
- Onion Powder
- Minced Garlic
- Beef Broth
- Worchestire Sauce
I used 80/20 ground beef in this, however you can use whatever percent you like best.
The reason for choosing cream cheese instead of sour cream is to save on some carbs. The end result is just as great. However, you can still use sour cream in this one pan dish if you want.
By doing this, it also helped me avoid needing any thickening agent like xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is a perfectly fine ingredient, but it can bother some people when they consume it.
If you want to use a whole onion instead of onion powder, you can do this. I would maybe dice up about 2 to 4 tablespoons of a white onion and saute it in the 1st step. I choose to use onion powder to save on carbs and to help from not having to buy a full onion, that you may or may not finish
If you don’t have minced garlic, you could also use powdered garlic too. I would start with ⅛ of a teaspoon and adjust to your flavor preference. I like to buy the jars of already minced garlic to make my life easier and it keeps long in the fridge.
All of the other ingredients are hard to replace as they really help get the flavor just right.
This recipe easily can be dairy free. Kit Hill is a company with dairy free options and cream cheese happens to be one of them.
If you want to make this keto beef stroganoff recipe dairy free, use 33 grams of this recipe in place of the dairy cream cheese.
There are many options you have available to use instead of noodles. Such veggie options would be to serve the mixture over cauliflower rice, zoodles (which are zucchini noodles), cabbage or even green beans.
Another option is to use miracle noodles.
However, my favorite is to use a snack food that has zero net carbs, in fact it has zero carbs. Pork rinds! It’s not exactly the same dish, but I absolutely love it this way now.
- You first want to melt the butter then add in the onion, garlic, and mushrooms over medium to low heat.
- The ground beef and worchestire sauce along with salt gets cooked next.
- Lastly the cream cheese and beef broth gets added. This recipe doesn’t use sour cream as a way to save on net carbs. This is also the reason why I decided not to use cauliflower rice.
Can you freeze low carb beef stroganoff?
Yes you can. However, I would cook everything but the cream cheese. Then when you are ready to enjoy your meal, reheat it on the stove top and add in the cream cheese over medium heat.
How many carbs does this keto beef stroganoff have?
I have seen a variety of ranges from 3 to 4 net carbs. However, my recipe only has 1.5 total carbs.
Is this recipe gluten free?
Yes it is! You just have to make sure the brand of worchestire sauce is gluten free. Read those labels. 🙂
Additional Recipes to Enjoy
- 1/2 t minced garlic (I used the kind from the jar)
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/4 C beef broth
- 1 t worchestire sauce
- 1 t salt
- 4 T butter
- 4 oz cream cheese (or 132 g of Kite Hill Cream Cheese)
- 4 oz mushrooms
- 16 oz 80/20 Ground Beef
- Add the butter, onion powder, mushrooms, and garlic to a sauce pan on medium to low heat until garlic starts to turn brown.
- Add in the ground beef, salt, worchestire sauce until the beef has fully cooked
- Lastly, add in the beef broth and cream cheese. Mix until the cream cheese has melted and is fully mixed in.
Please see post for additional questions and substitutions. For example you can make this dairy free.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490Total Fat: 44gCarbohydrates: 1.5gProtein: 22g