As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Notes About the Recipe
This meatball recipe doubles great for some meatloaf.
For the Italian sausage that you use, try to find one lower in carbohydrates. I have found one with 1 gram of carbs for four ounces of meat. The brand name is Randolph Market.
- 1 lb Ground Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 C Hemp Hearts. I use these
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pizza seasoning
- 1/2-3/4 t Worcestershire
- 1 C Pizza Sauce. I use Di Salvo’s Pizza sauce.
- 1 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese I used Kraft. The best would be to shred your own.
- The first 7 ingredients are for the meatballs. The other 2 are for after.
- Set oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients together.
- Form into ball shape. The meatball size is up to you.
- Place meatballs into a square casserole dish or a cast iron pan.
- Bake for 18-24 minutes. Times will vary with your meatball size and ovens. Internal temperature should be 160 F.
- Once to temperature, pour the pizza sauce over the meatballs.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Place back in oven for 13 minutes or until cheese as melted.
Nutrition Facts (5 servings)
Net Carbs: 3
Leave a Reply