As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I bet I know what you’re thinking. “Did I just read the title correctly? Is this lady crazy?” Yes, you read the title correctly and maybe. One time when I was out to eat with my family I came across a coffee burger. I thought it sounded amazing even though it was pretty different.
It had coffee grounds and gouda cheese on it along with a few other things. I thought well, I love coffee and love gouda cheese. So, I ordered the cheeseburger and LOVED it. After eating this meal, I knew that I wanted to make a coffee cheeseburger casserole for you all.
How about a nice big cup of antioxidants in the morning or lunch with this la java cheeseburger casserole? Coffee is one food/drink where Americans get the most antioxidants from. Love cinnamon? Up your coffee with cinnamon as this spice gives you more antioxidants and also polyphenols. Polyphenols are a type of antioxidants. (There are 3 types of antioxidants.) In addition to getting antioxidants in your cup of joe, coffee also has small quantities of potassium, niacin, vitamin E and magnesium. Magnesium also helps your body use the hormone of insulin. (1)
Nutrition Facts for 1 serving (6 servings):
Net Carbs: 4
To log the recipe on MyFitnessPal search for: Keto Keuhn Nutrition – La Java Cheeseburger Casserole
Notes about the Recipe
Please understand that the nutrition may change depending on the products you buy especially the meat items. For the nutrition info, I used beef at 20% fat and bacon with 3 g fat per slice. Remember that even though your carton of heavy whipping cream may say 0g of carbs, it most likely has 0.5 g or so. This is allowed for nutrition labels.
La Java Cheeseburger Casserole
- 1 lb beef
- 6 slices of bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 Cup onion chopped
- 1/3 Cup pickles chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 Cup mayo
- 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 6-1 oz slices of gouda cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of your favorite coffee grounds
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Saute onions with garlic until translucent then add ground beef and cook until beef is done.
- Cook bacon as you like the most.
- Add bacon to burger mixture and the pickles. Combine with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine mayo, heavy whipping cream, and eggs. I like to use beaters.
- Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish and add meat mixture.
- Pour cream mixture on top.
- Sprinkle your coffee grounds on top.
- Lastly place cheese slices on top.
- Bake at 350 F for about 30-35 minutes. Ovens may vary.