As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Just this past week I was staying at a hotel for work with just a fridge and a microwave. Traveling for work inspired this keto travel meal plan below. This meal plan post is a little different from other though. In this keto travel meal plan, I give you more than one option to play around with. I want you to have more than one option. You may not like everything, so I wanted options for you.
The Keto Travel Meal Plan
- 2 hard-boiled egg. You can often find these at gas stations or at grocery stores. No need to boil them.
- 2 strips of bacon. If you have a microwave, you can make bacon. I made bacon in my hotel microwave this past week. It tasted great! You may also be able to find precooked bacon in grocery stores.
- To cook the bacon, I placed some paper towel down on a microwave-safe plate and then placed the bacon down. I then placed some more paper towel on top to help with splatter. Next, I cooked the bacon for 3 minutes and then I did 1-minute intervals and judged how the bacon was cooking from there.
- Deli meat with some cheese
- Deli and cheese lettuce wrap. As many of you know, I enjoy getting Boar's Head brand deli meat and cheese, if I want it freshly cut from the deli. Feel free to use other deli meats that you are comfortable eating.
- Instead of deli meat find some precooked chicken.
- You could even make this into a salad instead of a wrap and use some olive oil or avocado oil for the dressing. If you make a salad, you could add some pre-shredded cheese to the mix, or even some nuts.
- Hot dogs. I'm a huge fan of hot dogs. Some great brands are Old Wisconsin, Applegate. I like Old Wisconsin as they are a lower carb hot dog option that I grew up with, in, of course, Wisconsin. I recently learned about Applegate, which are 0 carbohydrates (how it should be) with no antibiotics or nitrates
- Sardines, smoked salmon (boneless), or tuna in water from those pouches, smoked oysters.
- Have a side of low carb veggies and dip them into a low carb sauce.
- Deli meat with some cheese
- Egg salad or chicken salad with mayo
- Add some snack ideas to this meal
Snack Ideas or add-ins for a Meal
- Pickles, ham roll-ups, olives, nuts (such as pili nuts or macadamia nuts), pork rinds, jerky, 1/2 avocado.
- Dip the pork rinds in a lower carb salsa (make sure to portion your salsa out).
- You could even get some low carb veggies and dip it into sour cream or ranch dressing or guacamole packs.
- Bars. Some okay and good options are: Quest and Keto bars (this is a new company designed for keto minded eaters). Remember to watch your net carbs on any kind of bar and the type of sweetener they use. Some popular sweeteners to stay away from are maltitol, IMO fiber. To read more about IMO syrup here. IMO syrup will make the net carbs more than the package will make you believe.
More Travel Keto Meal Plan Ideas
What are some of the items I may have left out that you have done in the past?
I know that I usually give you a nice chart with portion sizes and the nutrition for each item on these meal plans. However, with this meal plan, I'm giving you multiple options and each option would give different results. If you need or want help with the numbers though, reach out to me and I will do the math for your choices. 🙂