As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I live and grew up in Wisconsin and have always seen ham roll-ups at gatherings. They are amazing! After starting a new job this summer, I learned that not everybody knows about these little gems if they didn't grow up in the midwest.
They make a great keto snack and I wanted to share these with you. I added one item that does not make them the standard roll. Yet, I like to think that it's an amazing addition!
Travel Meal or a Snack
These ham roll-ups can be a great snack or a yummy meal. I'm currently traveling for work right now and I had some ham roll-ups for dinner one night. All of the ingredients fit nicely in a small fridge or even a travel cooler.
Notes & Tips for the Recipe
For the meat and cheese in these ham roll-ups, I used the Boar's Head brand. I like using this deli meat and cheese since there are no weird fillers.
To make my life easier, I buy the whipped or spreadable cream cheese. You can always buy the regular cream cheese in the brick form, but then I would leave it out for a period of time to soften it up.
Also, I like to spread the cream cheese with my clean finger instead of a knife. I find this to be the easiest way when trying to make the cheese even as possible.
When using the pickle spear, I like to use a paper towel or a kitchen towel to soak up the extra juice. Doing this will make the rolls a little less messy. However, this step is not required at all.
What my layout looked like before I started to roll it up.
- If you wanted to add some more carbohydrates to this, you could easily make it into a sandwich.
Dillafied Ham Roll Ups
- 1 T Cream Cheese Spread or Whipped I used the Wal-Mart spread brand
- 1 oz Ham Deli Meat
- 1 oz Creamy Havarti Dill Cheese
- 1 Pickle Spear
- Lay down the slice of ham.
- Spread the cream cheese on the ham.
- Lay down the cheese on top of the ham and cheese.
- Lay down the pickle at the end of the ham and then roll everything together.
- Cut if you wish or eat the whole roll in one.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving)
Net Carbs: 2.5
To log the recipe on MyFitnessPal search: Keto Keuhn Nutrition - Dillafied Ham Roll-Ups