As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s the start of the new year and a lot of people have resolutions and one could be to eat better. Along with eating better, meal planning is a great strategy to stay on that goal.
This is where keto lasagna comes into play. Lasagna can be a great meal to make ahead of time and eat all week. You can prep it for the week you make it, or you can freeze it for later.
I also enjoyed this recipe more the next day when I had it for lunch compared to dinner the previous night.
Growing up I was never a huge fan of lasagna. I only ate it because my mom made it from time to time. One thing to note is that my mom never claimed to be a great cook.
She still says that to this day. With that being said, I did not get my love of cooking from her. haha I’m not quite sure where I got it from.
What I did get from my mother was being creative. I also liked trying new things in the kitchen. I knew about using zucchini as noodles for keto lasagna but never thought about using deli meat as a noodle for lasagna.
Seeing the idea online made me quite excited, as I didn’t want to take the time to cut the zucchinis just right for the dish. Plus, I like to make things easy.
This may sound crazy but I really can’t tell that I’m eating deli meat instead. Maybe, just maybe I can tell a tiny bit, but I like the meat noodles better in fact.
I haven’t had grain noodles for a very long time but I think the texture may be little different. I’ve even debated about making lasagna without any noodle replacement at all; no noodle layers.
Stepping up the lasagna came by incorporation four types of cheese! Goat cheese is one of these cheeses. I never really tried goat cheese until I got a new job and they had the option to put goat cheese on pizza.
I tried it and loved it. It’s like a creamy feta cheese with a slight tang to it. In this current recipe, I mixed ricotta cheese with some goat cheese. Along with goat and ricotta cheese, I have Asiago cheese and mozzarella cheese.
The difference between goat cheese and cow cheese is that goat cheese has more fat and less protein. Having a higher fat content is what brings out the tangy flavor. What makes the goat cheese creamier than cows milk cheese is its less milk protein content.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving = 1/3 bread tin)
(This recipe will give you 6 servings)
Net Carbs: 3
To log the recipe on MyFitnessPal search: Keto Keuhn Nutrition – 4 Cheese Keto Lasagna
Notes about the recipe
One reason why the nutrition would be different for you is that of the deli meat that you use. I used the brand of Boar’s Head and used EverRoast Chicken. I had the deli cut it on a 1.5 for the slicers. Also, of course, the nutrition may change due to using other brand names of items.
If you want to make this recipe and meal plan for a few days, I’ve got you covered! I’ve created a free meal plan where you can use this recipe and be set for your work week. Check out the meal plan here.
4 Cheese Keto Lasagna
- 4 Slices of Deli Meat. I used EverRoast Chicken from Boar’s Head
- 1 lb Ground Beef I used a meat that gave me 22 g of fat per 4 oz of meat
- 1 t Italian Seasoning
- 1.25 C Tomato Sauce. I used Tomato Basil from Rao’s.
- 1 C Ricotta Cheese
- 1 C Goat Cheese
- 1 C Asiago Cheese
- 1.50 C Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 bread loaf tins 7 inches by 3 inches
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- I made this into 2 bread loaf tins.
- Cook ground beef in pan with the Italian seasoning.
- Add tomato sauce to cooked meat.
- In a bowl mix together the ricotta and goat cheese together.
- First Layer (starting on the bottom): 1 slice Deli Meat
- Second layer: 1/2 C ricotta and goat cheese mixture
- Third layer: 1/2 C meat mixture
- Fourth Layer: 1/4 C Asiago and 1/2 C mozzarella
- Fifth Layer: Deli Meat
- Sixth Layer: 1/2 C ricotta and goat cheese mixture
- Seventh Layer: 1/2 C meat mixture
- Eighth Layer: 1/4 C Asiago and 1/2 C mozzarella
- Place into preheated oven with aluminum foil on top for 30 minutes. Uncover for 10 minutes or until the cheese browns to your liking. Cooking times may vary.