As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This pizza soup recipe brings me back to my childhood and growing up through my teenage years. Growing up we would go up north to a lodge that was a work benefit my dad had. While here we did not have to cook, they did.
This is where I discovered this soup. I loved this soup so much that on my last trip to the lodge, I requested this soup to be made. I knew that I needed to ketofy it, so I did. 🙂
Tips to keep this Keto Pizza Soup Lower in Carbs
- Look for a lower carb marinara sauce. Di Salvo’s Pizza Sauce is a good brand or another good brand is Rao’s. Rao’s even has two amazing Alfredo sauces.
- Sausage can be another hard ingredient. My best bet would be to just look at the nutrition facts. I am able to find one with 1 carb for 4 ounces at my local store.
- The next carby ingredients would the veggies. My recipes has 1 whole cup of onions chopped up. Yet, you could use less if you wanted less carbs.
How to Change the Flavor
Don’t feel like you have to stick to my exact ingredients. What are your favorite pizza toppings? Do you love olives, peppers, or even spinach? Go ahead and toss those into this low carb soup!
I also didn’t include cheese in my recipe. Pickup some mozzarella cheese or even a different type of cheese and shred some it on top of your hot bowl of soup.
Curry Keto Soups from my Site
Who loves curry? I sure do! After this low carb soup, I created two curry soups for you all.
Notes about the Recipe
As always, the nutrition may be different than mine, depending on the ingredients you use. I have found a sausage that gives me only 1 gram of carbs for 4 ounces. Feel free to add other pizza toppings to your soup. Make it your own.
- 1 Jar 12 oz of Di Salvo’s Pizza Sauce
- 2 Jars of the pizza sauce of water & 1 Cup Water
- 3 oz Pepperoni diced to your liking
- 16 oz sausage
- 1 1/4 Cup 87 grams Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup 120 grams diced Onion
- 1 T olive or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 t Pizza Spice
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/2 t basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 t pizza spice cook w/ meat
- 1/2 t pizza spice cook w/ onion
- Cook sausage with 1/2 t of the pizza spice
- When sausage is done transfer to large pot
- Cook the chopped onions on the sauce pan with 1/2 t pizza spice, 1/4 t garlic powder and the oil.
- Transfer the onions to the large pot
- Pour in the pizza sauce along with the water (2 jars and 1 Cup)
- Add everything else to the pot and mix
- Cook/simmer for 30-60 minutes or to your liking.
To log the recipe on MyFitnessPal search: Keto Keuhn Nutrition – Pizza Soup