As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto Porage/Keto Cream of Wheat/Hot Keto Cereal/Keto Oatmeal
It’s the morning and you want some hot cereal. However, porridge, cream of wheat, or even oatmeal is out of the question on a keto diet. At least how you used to make these dishes. This is were this hot keto cereal recipe comes in. Drink your coffee and have your hot cereal today!
The base of this recipe is only two ingredients. Yes, two! The other day I was trying different ways to make a non-dairy creamer for my coffee. One of the recipes I was following called for almonds and coconut milk. For giggles, I tried the blended mixture before I strained it out. I ended up loving the taste and the base to this recipe was born.
The Recipe below is just the basic vanilla recipe. I discuss flavors below the nutrition facts.
Cookies and Cream
I experimented with different flavors but I landed on loving the cookies and cream flavor the most. It does require you to get some protein powder. What I added to the base was one tablespoon of Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder, cookies and cream flavor.
- 1/4 t lemon extract
- 1/4 t raspberry extract
- This was not a real strong maple flavor but it was still good. Maybe try to add more extract.
- 1/2 t maple extract
Some other flavor idea that I did not try
- Almond joy: add some shredded unsweetened coconut flakes and some Lilly’s Chocolate Chips or cocoa powder
- Chocolate: add some cocoa powder
- Strawberry Banana: do half banana extract and half strawberry extract or just some berries.
- What other flavors would you love to try?
If you can’t find already chopped up pecans, don’t worry. Just chop them yourself. 🙂 Also, feel free to soak your nuts in water overnight to help make them softer and easier to crush up in the blender.
Hot Keto Cereal
- 6 T 1/4 C + 2 T Lite Coconut Milk
- 1/4 C 1 oz Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 2 Drops of Stevia liquid
- Pour everything into a blender. I used a magic bullet. Then blend.
- Once blended pour into a sauce pan and heat on the stove.
- The longer you let it cook and start to bubble, the cereal will get thicker. Stop cooking when you are happy.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving)
This nutrition is for the bass recipe only.
Net Carbs: 2.2
To log the recipe on MyFitnessPal search: Keto Keuhn Nutrition – Hot Keto Cereal